February 16, 2009

Things have been CRAZY~~~

WELL....So much has been going on with us...adjusting to a new life of Mommy and Daddy.
It is the most wonderful time of our lives.
The pictures I uploaded today are in random (very random) order...I have had a helper all day on one arm!!!
As most of you know Ed and I were on a waiting list for adoption for a little over two years.
We had everything tested, house inspected, our lives probed into and and our friends interviewed for us to adopt a baby..
On Monday December 8Th I was at home from work with a Migraine. I saw the phone ringing, I had the ringer turned off. It was our case worker and I ignored the call..I was half asleep. I figured she was just following up with our fire inspection we had on the Thursday before. About 2 minutes later Ed called...He had said he would call to check on me, so I answered it... He said.."You need to call Stacey (our case worker)..She has a 3 week old baby girl that is 6 weeks premature that needs a home...tomorrow!!" I yelled, I cried, I accused him of teasing me...I cried some more than said a quick prayer and called Stacey.
The baby was being released from the hospital on Tuesday... We spent all night talking and picking out a name for her...Abigail Grace.
Tuesday morning after calling everyone, we had to wait on the baby's release. Ed took the day off of work and I did too. We got up, dressed and waited for the call. Finally at 4:00 we got the call to go pick up our baby. The social workers brought in this tiny beautiful baby that was born at 2.6lbs and was now only 3.11. Everyone was chattering and excited. Ed said.." get her"!!! I couldn't wait to hold her. I reached in her carrier and just held her close. I fell in love instantly.
We have been blessed beyond measure by friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors.
Our friends threw us a baby shower just a few weeks after her arrival. My friends and co-workers gave us gifts and donated Paid Time Off so I could be with her.
I soon discovered being a Mommy to Abbey was going to be my full time job...I took a leave of absence after trying to juggle work, no sleep, newborn...getting sick, family visiting etc...I just wanted to be with her. Luckily my husband has moved mountains to make this happen and I love him so much for understanding this is my life long dream and calling.
I can just stare at her is disbelief for hours that she is finally with us. We are turned into mush when she laughs or smiles at us. Ed is a wonderful Daddy and He can do anything that needs to get done to take care of her.
Our first Christmas was amazing...We had decided not to decorate the inside of the house this year..just seemed ....blah...But, after our Baby got her..we went into a Christmas frenzy getting the tree up and stockings hung.
We could not have made it through the first few weeks without the help of our friends and family..My Mom and Ed's Mom made it possible for me to work as long as I did after Abbey joined our family. Because she was so tiny, and early we had and still have numerous doctors appointments and home visits that are mandatory. It was awesome having someone who could go in my place with Ed and in Ed's place with me.
My house is a little dirtier, my Christmas cards never made it out, and The Thank You notes are late....but we are so appreciative of every one's thoughtfulness, and so happy to have Abbey Grace in our lives. Thank you all for checking in on us, for bringing us supper..(numerous times KARA!!) and listening to me as I went through one big emotional hurdle after another..I am crying as I am writing this remembering the first time so many of you saw her and the love that you showed her and us... Life will forever be better because of her and YOU!!!!
Our adoption is not final and like all things worth while in life, there may be some challenges to finalize everything. I am asking each of you who read this to pray that things continue to progress smoothly and that our baby girl will be ours permanently very soon.

I promise to be a better blogger and will let you watch our baby girl grow and flourish with us....
Til Soon!!!
Much Love to all of you~






























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































4 comments:

The Bowers Family said...

You know how happy we are for you and Ed!!! Your daughter is just beautiful! Our prayers are with all of you! Please let us know if there is anything you need! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Awesome update! Love all of the pictures of everyone with Abbey!

Charleston Laffin said...

What a beautiful, amazing story you have to tell Abbey! Isn't it wild how much you can love one little person?! What a blessing, God is good!
Love,
Charleston

Melissa W. said...

I just cried my eyes out (good cry :) reading your awesome story!! Erin told Andrea-who told me, you had a blog-awesome! Maybe we could meet sometime soon!
xoxo
melissa